Dr. Wright is quick to joke how much he dislikes the term “filling”. In the words of Harold Shavell, DDS (one of the finest dentists Dr. Wright has ever known): The definition of restoring a tooth is: “The utopian reiteration of lost morphotypia”. In common terms, make a tooth look and function like it did originally!
We use high-strength resin or porcelain to repair teeth instead of old-fashioned silver mercury fillings. Our white fillings look and feel great while blending in perfectly with your teeth.
Yes- all dentists do fillings. What does Dr. Wright do different?
- We locate cavities while small (See digital radiographs and Diagnodent)
- We treat using minimally invasive dentistry (MID)
- We help you create ideal conditions: we work with you have healthy gums before placing fillings.
- All work is done under 5-22x magnification to remove as much decay as possible
- If possible, a device called a rubber dam is used to help keep the tooth dry.
- Air abrasion is used to remove decay, minimizing the use of drills and makes a clean surface to bond materials to. It’s like a small sandblaster, using dust instead of the drill to remove decay. It provides 50% better bonding strength to tooth structures.
- As needed, medications are used to make your mouth dryer – to ensure materials are placed in a perfectly dry tooth.
- High intensity curing lights are used to quickly and thoroughly set the filling material.
- Meticulously adjust the bite of the new material.
- We work with you to help treat the source of your cavities – to break the chain of dental decay!