Dr. Wright was born and raised in the Quincy area and has over 30 years of experience in the dental field. He worked as a dental technician making crowns and bridges before attending dental school. After graduating from Culver-Stockton College cum laude, he attended Loyola University School of Dentistry. He began practicing dentistry with his father, William D. Wright in Camp Point, Illinois after graduating from dental school in 1982. Upon his fathers retirement in 1995, Dr. Wright established his own practice at his current location in Quincy, Illinois. His brother David Wright, is a specialist in Periodontology in Quincy.
In 1995, Dr. Wright, Dr. Wright started practicing with 5x magnification. The use of high magnification lead to using microscopes in 1997. Ultra high magnification has greatly affected the methods he has used ever since. Today, the microscope continues to be the cornerstone of evaluating new advances and technologies that Dr. Wright chooses to implement. The use of ultra high magnification is the ultimate test of precision in dentistry.
Dr. Wright practices Minimally Invasive Dentistry (MID). MID insures the most conservative and precise restorations of teeth and allows for problems to be located early and repaired on a microscopic level. The only more conservative method in dentistry today than MID, is preventing disease before it begins. Dr. Wright features the latest in technology to diagnose and treat the actual bacteria layer; selectively encouraging harmless bacteria to thrive at the expense of the nasty bacteria that cause dental diseases such as cavities and gum disease.
Dr. Wright is dedicated to serving the dental community. He has lectured at various symposia where he discusses the impact of microdentistry and it’s benefits for early caries detection. Attending numerous annual continuing education courses enables Dr. Wright to stay on the cutting edge of all dental technology. He has extensive training in orthodontics, implantology, TMJ and occlusal studies. He has the most implantaology experience in the area. He is also licensed by the State of Illinois to provide conscious sedation to his patients in his office and is on staff at Blessing Hospital in Quincy, Illinois.
With such a broad selection of treatment modalities, there are many ways to achieve your perfect smile! His techniques are designed to help you keep your teeth for a lifetime! Above all, Dr. Wright listens to his patient’s concerns and is committed to providing compassionate care and ethical treatment.
Dr. Wrights career has been a series of firsts. First in our area to…
- general dentist to place dental implants (1983)
- implement digital radiographs (1995)
- use lasers in dentistry
- have a fully computerized office (1995)
- general dentist to use CAT scans for implant placement in Adams County
- (and only) dentist to use microscopes
- (and only) general dentist to be licensed for conscious sedation
- integrate procedures of all branches of dentistry in a general practice (such as endodontics, orthodontics, implantyology, periodontics, TMJ therapy and oral surgery)
- use Invisalign (2000) and first Invisalign Premier Provider
- use Air Abrasion with minimal invasive dentistry.
- use Diagnodent (Electronic cavity detection).
- use iTero digital scanning for making crowns, bridges, inlays and veneers.
- use the TruDenta system for cranial-facial pain
- Central High School, Camp Point, Illinois- Class of 1975
- Culver Stockton College, Canton, Illinois- BA Biology, cum laude- Class of 1977
- Loyola University School of Dentistry, Chicago, Illinois- Class of 1982
- Academy of General Dentistry Fellowship (1988) for 500 hours of additional training
- Less than 100 hours of remaining training for a Mastership in the Academy of General Dentistry
- Advanced training focusing on oral surgery, implants, microdentistry, and orthodontics including Invisalign
- The Pankey Institute for Advanced Dental Studies
- University of Illinois-Chicago- two years of orthodontic research
- Mayo Clinic- surgical and prosthetic training with Dr. Brainemark, the father of modern dental implants
Lectures: Dr. Wright lectures on the subject of Minimally Invasive Dentistry (MID) and Microscope Assisted Dentistry.
- Chicago Dental Society
- Academy of General Dentistry
- University of Iowa
- Decatur Dental Society
- T. L. Gilmer Dental Society
- Has been married to his wife Ann since 1984
- Has three children: Laura (and son-in-law Chase), Andrew, Graham
- enjoys hunting, fishing, camping, grilling, skiing, flying and playing Settlers of Catan
- Attends Life Point Bible Church
- Has been a corporate sponsor of WGCA radio since 1996
- Has served on the Adams County Health Department Board of Directors since 2005 and is currently serving as President